Physical Medicine & Rehab
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm, last appointment scheduled
Appointment Scheduling Desk can be reached at 972-888-7232.
We are committed to providing quality care with compassion to those with
functional limitations with the goal of improving their overall health
and function through Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy.
Dallas Medical Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
The center's staff of Physical therapists, Occupational therapists
and Speech therapists provides comprehensive and individualized treatment
plans for various conditions. DMC’s Rehabilitation Department boasts
more than 50 years combined experience with a vast background in conventional
therapy, manual therapy, spine care and joint replacement rehab. Our specialized
approaches include Mckenzie concepts, Kinesio taping and Lymphedema treatments.
· Joint replacement rehabilitation
· Neurological rehabilitation
· Sports injuries
· Lymphedema Programs
· Back and Neck injuries
· Pre and post surgical Neck and Back rehab
· Bells Palsy
· Certified hand therapy program
· Carpal tunnel syndrome
· Tendon and ligament injuries of hand
· Lymphedema program
· Custom Splinting
· Dupuytren’s disease
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY THERAPY
The Speech-language pathology Department offers out patient evaluation
& treatment services to individuals with communication impairments,
cognitive-communication, swallowing or voice problems caused by stroke,
traumatic brain injury; or other forms of neurological conditions or trauma.
· Certified in Vital Stim therapy
· Modified Barium swallow Studies
Outpatient Physical Therapy
The Rehabilitation Departmentprovides outpatient rehabilitation in Dallas
for patients with a wide range of functional impairments. Our staff offers
a depth of clinical experience in treating patients of all ages, teens
to older adults, with orthopedic problems, post-operative care, work-related
injuries, as well as providing ergonomic assessments and conditioning
programs. We help problem-solve your work and/or home setting to figure
out how your physical needs can be accommodated. We work closely with
four outpatient specialty clinics located conveniently across the street
as well as doctors in and out of network for your insurance.
Services provided are, but not limited to, the following:
- Neck, middle and low back pain/injury
- Upper and lower extremity pain/injury
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel and arthritis
- Pre- and post-surgical evaluation and treatment for ACL repair, total joint
replacement , back and neck surgery
Additional services include:
- Individualized evaluation and treatment plans
- Private treatment rooms
- Balance testing and training
- Hand therapy/splinting
- Upper body cycle
- Education and instruction of home programs
What to expect at your first visit
At your first visit, your Dallas physical therapist will evaluate and establish
goals to determine what you need to return to a healthy, active lifestyle.
A detailed history will be obtained and a thorough examination will be
performed. Together, you and the therapist will determine a schedule for
follow up visits. An initial home exercise program will be given along
with any community resources that may be of benefit to you.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time which includes time for your necessary
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, we would appreciate at least
24-hour advance notification by calling 972-888-7232.
- Wear or bring loose fitting attire if we will be evaluating your back,
legs or shoulder.
- Be sure to bring your insurance cards and picture ID to your first visit.
- Please allow 45-60 minutes for your first visit, and 30-45 minutes for
your other visits.
We accept most major insurances including workers’ compensation.
For specific insurance questions, contact your insurance company directly
regarding benefit coverage for therapy-related services. A referral is
required from your primary care doctor for treatment.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach
The first visit will be an initial assessment performed by a licensed therapist.
Regular communication occurs with your referring doctor to ensure you
are progressing as planned.