Physical Medicine & Rehab
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm, last appointment scheduled at 4:45pm.
Appointment Scheduling Desk can be reached at (972)888-7232.
Inpatient Acute Care Rehabilitation in Dallas
Dallas Medical Center's staff includes specially trained physical therapists, speech therapists, nurses, case managers, and social workers with many years of experience. Therapy services provide care at all levels and your doctor will ensure you receive the services that are appropriate for your medical condition. The acute care therapists work with outside rehabilitation units, skilled nursing units, home health companies, and outpatient clinics to provide a smooth transition of care. Our staff also assists in community resource referrals.
Our therapists can assist with:
Safe, purposeful movement
Orthotics and prosthetic management
Expressive and receptive language impairments
Modified Barium Swallow testing
Activities of daily living
Cognitive and perceptual deficits
Outpatient Physical Therapy
The Rehabilitation Departmentprovides outpatient rehabilitation in Dallas for patients with a wide range of functional impairments. Our staff offers a depth of clinical experience in treating patients of all ages, teens to older adults, with orthopedic problems, post-operative care, work-related injuries, as well as providing ergonomic assessments and conditioning programs. We help problem-solve your work and/or home setting to figure out how your physical needs can be accommodated. We work closely with four outpatient specialty clinics located conveniently across the street as well as doctors in and out of network for your insurance.
Services provided are, but not limited to, the following:
- Neck, middle and low back pain/injury
- Upper and lower extremity pain/injury
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel and arthritis
- Pre- and post-surgical evaluation and treatment for ACL repair, total joint replacement , back and neck surgery
Additional services include:
- Individualized evaluation and treatment plans
- Private treatment rooms
- Balance testing and training
- Hand therapy/splinting
- Upper body cycle
- Education and instruction of home programs
What to expect at your first visit
At your first visit, your Dallas physical therapist will evaluate and establish goals to determine what you need to return to a healthy, active lifestyle. A detailed history will be obtained and a thorough examination will be performed. Together, you and the therapist will determine a schedule for follow up visits. An initial home exercise program will be given along with any community resources that may be of benefit to you.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time which includes time for your necessary paperwork.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, we would appreciate at least 24-hour advance notification by calling 972-888-7232.
- Wear or bring loose fitting attire if we will be evaluating your back, legs or shoulder.
- Be sure to bring your insurance cards and picture ID to your first visit.
- Please allow 45-60 minutes for your first visit, and 30-45 minutes for your other visits.
We accept most major insurances including workers’ compensation. For specific insurance questions, contact your insurance company directly regarding benefit coverage for therapy-related services. A referral is required from your primary care doctor for treatment.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach
The first visit will be an initial assessment performed by a licensed therapist. Regular communication occurs with your referring doctor to ensure you are progressing as planned.